Saturday, June 2, 2007

Onery & Tired

The pre-op diet is going ok, except for the fact that I am very onery and very tired. I have no energy whats so ever. I have been trying to keep my cool with my kids and with my hubby, but it is very hard. My kids have sooo much energy and are always busy getting into things. I know it will be this way for awhile, even after the surgery for my body to get used to it.

I am still very excited for the surgery. It is less than a week away. I have a lot going on in the next few days that it will make it go by fast. I am still trying to get my house in order, which I think is a losing battle. I spend some time upstairs cleaning and the kids tear apart the downstairs. Which is ok, they are kids.

Enough complaining here are some funny things that have happened lately. I was in the kitchen the other day doing dishes and Mary had been quiet for awhile. (which means trouble) Joe came downstairs and she had just come out from behind the couch. She had purple all over her face, clothes and the rest of her. Joe asked her what she was doing. She said, "I putting on lipstick". She had taken a stick of purple sunscreen and put it everywhere, even in her hair. It was quite a site.

Both of my kids always have to be right. For instance: When Bobby was younger he would tell us that a fly was a bee. We would tell him that it was a fly and he would tell us it was a beefly.
Well, Mary told me that I had a pimple on my arm. I told her that it was a bruise. She told me that it was a pimple bruise. It is funny on what they will come up with.

Bobby has been telling us some cute jokes. Here is his favorite so far. What do you call a fish with two knees? A tuney fish.

I gave Bobby a hair cut the other day, which is a first for me. I was a little nervous. I will take a picture of it and put it up. I think I did a pretty good job. It is really short. And he loves it.

I think I will go to bed now, but it has helped me get some emotions out on here. I am an emotional eater, and I have been wanted to eat all day. Yeah for me, I kept to the 1000 calories. Good night all!

4 comments:

ann said...

Congratulations! And, yes, I remember those days very well trying to keep up with little ones...but enjoy them while you can...they grow up much too fast!!! And tell Bobby I liked his joke :-)

Brian Adair Fam said...

Keep up the good work with your diet, Kristina. You're doing so well! I know what you mean about if it's quiet in the house, something is wrong. Paige is a little sneak, too! :0) How long do they say recovery from the surgery will take? Always remember that you have our entire family rooting for you!! We love you.

Tammy said...

Keep up the great work. I am so proud of your will power!

Drama Momma said...

The excitment gets paired with the fear and there is so much to handle being a Mom with small children and facing this surgery.

I found my blog relieving even if I could only relate a 10th of my emotions.

I can read it from you though. I am so sorry I have been so overwhelmed.

I am dealing with my own emotional demons. You will hear it a million times. Surgery is only a tool. They mean it. It only closes the doors to cheating and sabbotage for a while. You will have a lot of emotional, physical and spiritual work ahead.

It is worth it. It is great to face those demons and squash them!

Weight Loss